The German Real Estate Investor Visa is subject to § 7 AufenthG (the German Residence Act) and enables foreign investors to both invest and reside in the heart of Europe.
Investment Option selection
The investor may chose to visit Germany at this stage, though not mandatory. The investor selects the property they wish to proceed with and meets with local real estate brokers, developers and counsel.
Preparation of Documents (2-3 Months)
1. The preparation of a contract of sale shall be drafted by the notary public and legal counsel.
2. All purchase documents shall be submitted to the local authorities for approval.
3. Once the purchase is approved, a meeting will be scheduled with the notary to finalize purchase payment, contract and fees.
Visa with German Embassy (1 Month)
1. The investor will apply for a visa to enter Germany (wait time depends on local embassy/consulate processing times).
2. The investor will visit Germany with a D-Visa and we’ll arrange for the process to begin for the residency permit
1. The Residency Permit will then be submitted and can take up to 4 weeks to be finalized and issued.
Route to Citizenship
German Golden Visa holders can live, work and study in Germany. Although relocation and physical presence is not mandatory.
A German passport can be obtained if an investor relocates to Germany and becomes naturalised after 8 years, allowing its citizens to live, work and study in any of the EU Member states.
To find out more about the German RE Investor fees and disbursements please click the button below.
Do get in touch to book a Free 60 Mins Discovery call to discuss the best option suited to you/your client’s needs.