The IIP is designed to encourage investors and business professionals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to avail of opportunities of investing and locating their business interests in Ireland and acquire a secure residency status in Ireland.
The Immigrant Investor Programme (IIP) was introduced by the Irish Government in 2012 to encourage inward investment for the creation of business and employment opportunities in the State.
Benefits of Irish Permanent Residence
1. Irish residency allows for increased global mobility;
2. Ireland is a committed member of the European Union;
3. It is not mandatory to relocate/reside in Ireland, but the holder should visit Ireland for 1 day every year for it to remain valid;
4. The initial investment is returned after 5 Years. A full Stamp 4 visa is then issued for a subsequent 5 Years (renewable even after initial investment has been returned);
5. Clients seeking to relocate to Ireland can do so and will be eligible to apply for Irish Citizenship after 5 Years of physical presence in Ireland;
6. Post-Brexit Ireland will have a unique advantage as it has a Common Travel Arrangement with the UK (for those who naturalise into citizens).
7. Clients may receive a EUR 50,000 discount from the amount needed for investment if they have children who wish to attend university in Ireland.
Irish Immigrant Investor Options
Applicants will need to meet the eligibility criteria and also invest in either of the following approved options:
1. A minimum of EUR 1 million invested in an Irish Enterprise for a period of at least 3 years; or
2. A minimum of EUR 1 million invested in an approved investment fund for a period of at least 3 years. Such funds must be approved and regulated by the Central Bank; or
3. A minimum investment of EUR 2 million in any Irish Real Estate Investment Trusts listed on the Irish Stock Exchange, for a period of at least 3 years; or
4. A minimum EUR 500,000 philanthropic donation to a project which is of public benefit to the arts, sports, health, culture or education in Ireland.
The application time-frame from start to completion is 6 to 9 months. Once all documents have been reviewed during that period the initial Irish residency permit is granted for 2 years. It can subsequently be renewed for another 3 years.
Ireland has a budding economy that reaches out to global markets attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) into various sectors of its economy including financial services, hospitality/tourism and technology. It boasts one of the lowest corporate tax rates in Europe (12.5%) and one of the fastest growing economies in the Eurozone (6.8% in 2018).
Book a consultation today.
Residence in Ireland
It is not mandatory for Irish Immigrant Investors to reside in Ireland but should they so wish to, they can relocate and live there with their dependents. After 5 years of physical presence in Ireland without any interruption in the 12 months prior to application, the resident may apply for Irish citizenship via naturalisation.
For those seeking to relocate, Ireland is the perfect option being a superb investment and business friendly nation – home to some of the world’s largest brands.
There are leading Irish universities and schools for children to receive a high level of education. IIP Investors can avail a discount on Irish University fees for their dependent children.
Those interested in Irish Citizenship can also freely live, work and study in the United Kingdom even post-Brexit
Are you Eligible?
The Irish Immigrant Investor Programme is suited for individuals who have:
1. a reputable character;
2. a traceable and clear source of funds;
3. a high net worth individual with a personal net worth of EUR 2,000,000;
4. an impeccable criminal record; and
5. a non-EU citizen.
Maintaining the integrity of the investment migration industry is of paramount importance to us, hence we work exclusively with clients that align with our ethos.