The Cyprus Investment Programme (CIP)
The CIP has been approved by the European Union. It is a reliable, attractive incentive scheme implemented by the Cypriot government in line with the recently updated Naturalisation of Investors in Cyprus by Exception Scheme, based on subsection (2) in Section 111A of the Civil Registry Laws of 2002.
The Cyprus government has formulated a citizenship scheme designed for reputable high net worth individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who are seeking lucrative investment options.
The CIP allows the successful applicant and his/her family * to hold a Cypriot passport and enjoy all the benefits of a Cyprus Citizen. In terms of the CIP application process and timeline, it is approximately 6 months at present.
* Subject to CIP criteria being met
Guidelines on the Application Process for Cyprus Citizenship
To download our FREE Guidelines on the Application Process for Cyprus Citizenship, subject to the laws and requirements of the CIP, please click on the image below:
The Steps involved in the Cypriot Investment Program (CIP)
Below is a brief summary of the application process for the CIP:
- File CIP application for main applicant and spouse.
- Day after CIP application is submitted, file a Permanent Residence Permit (PRP) application for the main applicant, spouse, and minor children (aged 6 -17). This requires a one-day visit to Cyprus by the main applicant, spouse, and minor children. (NOTE: minor children can be excluded from the PRP application, and this will not affect their ability to apply for citizenship- see 6 below).
- Within 5 days of filing, approval of PRP is granted subject to the applicant undergoing a stringent due diligence process. PRP holders may enjoy more seamless travel throughout certain other EU member states.
- Approval of CIP application within 3 to 4 months.
- Issuance of Certificates of Naturalization and passports 6 months from date of original filing (in regards to the main applicant and spouse).
- Application filed for minor children, requiring 2 to 3 weeks for approval. Immediate issuance of Certificates of Naturalization and passports.
- Application filed for adult children (up to 28) and parents of main applicant.
- Next day, adult children and parents of main applicant visit Cyprus to file PRP.
- Adult children and parents of main applicant are approved for citizenship within 2 to 3 months of filing the relevant PRP application.
- Issuance of Certificates of Naturalization and passports 6 months from date of relevant PRP filing (in regards to adult children and parents of main applicant).
We will guide you through the entire process, providing advice tailored to your particular circumstances.
Please email us to email@example.com to schedule your FREE consultation on how you can benefit from our Immigration Investment services.