The Greek Golden Visa is also a gateway to Greek Citizenship upon termination of 7 years of physical residence. Actual physical residence is optional – it is not mandatory to reside in Greece as a Permanent Residence/Golden Visa holder.
The Greek Permanent Residency program / Greece Golden Visa is one of the most attractive due to its accessible investment level, in comparison to other programmes throughout Europe.
The Greek Permanent Residence permit allows foreign investors to travel freely through the Schengen zone which encompasses over 25 countries in Europe, for so long as they are holders of their Greek real estate (valued at EUR 250,000).
Benefits of Greek Permanent Residence
1. Greek Permanent residency allows for the freedom to travel to and through the EU Schengen visa freely. This enables the investor to have increased global mobility.
2. Investors can apply upon having invested EUR 250,000 in real estate, one of the lowest investment levels in Europe.
3. The Greek Permanent Residency holder can reside in Greece if they wish to, with any family members that have successfully been processed. The need to reside in the country is not mandatory though, and the Greek Residency permit can still be renewed every 5 years without having had to relocate to/reside in Greece.
4. Upon sale of the EUR 250,000 property, the investor can also transfer the Greek Permanent Residency rights to a new investor, should they be interested. This is an added benefit for investors, looking at the long-run exit strategy.
5. The Greek Golden Visa can also be a gateway to citizenship after 7 years of physical presence in Greece.
6. Dependent family members can also be included in the residency application.
Greek Golden Visa Requirements
Invest in Either property option below
A. EUR 250,000 investment in Greek real estate (directly/a legal entity fully owned by the client) – most common option; or
B. EUR 250,000 value lease for the rent of hotel/tourist accomodation that extends for a period of 10 Years.
The application time-frame from start to completion is 2 to 3 months.
The Greek Golden Visa currently offers one of Europe’s most affordable residency program. In addition the government has issued a VAT exemption amounting to over 20% in tax savings for real estate investments.
Book a consultation today.
Gateway to Greek Citizenship
It is not mandatory for Permanent Residents to reside in Greece but should they so wish to, they can use this as a route to Greek Citizenship in 7 years.
Obtaining Greek Citizenship is subject to the client demonstrating they meet the respective criteria, sufficient ties and time spent permanently residing there. Greece is both a member of the European Union and of the Schengen zone hence a Greek passport is one of the most sought after globally.
Greek Permanent Residence holders who do decide to reside in/relocate to Greece can set up a business and receive dividends, but they cannot work locally.
If the investor decides to reside full-term in Greece and has a foreign source of income or a business established in Greece they can obtain Greek Citizenship. Upon receipt of the citizenship, there is no longer a requirement to hold onto the EUR 250,000 real estate investment.
Are you Eligible?
The Greek Golden Visa is suited for individuals who have:
1. a reputable character;
2. a traceable and clear source of funds;
3. an impeccable criminal record; and
4. a third country citizenship (non-EU).
Maintaining the integrity of the investment migration industry is of paramount importance to us, hence we work exclusively with clients that align with our ethos.